Dr. Carol Piatt treats skin diseases and diseases of the hair and nails.
Dr. Piatt was originally boarded in Family Practice and practiced in Newport News, Virginia for several years. She then resumed her studies with a residence and fellowship in Dermatology. Dr. Piatt has specialized in Dermatology for the past 28 years with a focus on skin cancer, acne treatment, facial diseases, and issues related to skin disease care such as rosacea, eczema, rashes, hair and nail disorders, warts and genital warts, moles, keratoses, sweating problems, and cosmetic dermatology procedures. She sees patients of all ages, from new borns to seniors.
Dr. Piatt is board certified in Dermatology and board certified in Family Practice, however, she limits her practice to Dermatology. She also completed a Dermatology fellowship in skin cancer prevention, detection and treatment after her three year residency in Dermatology.
- Private Practice in Dermatology – 1989 to 2017, Fairfax, VA.
- Now a member of Associates in Dermatology, Hampton, VA, 2020 to present.
- Dr. Piatt is a native of Springfield, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia. Ask her to say “water”.
- Graduated from Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA. 1981. MD degree.
- Graduated from Medical College of Virginia, Family Practice Residency Program. Boarded – 1984
- Graduated from State University of New York at Buffalo. Dermatology Residency Program. Boarded – 1988. Chief Resident.
- Fellowship in Dermatological Oncology and Surgery. Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, NY, 1989
- On staff at Fairfax Hospital, 1989 to 2013.
- American Academy of Dermatology, Continuing Medical Education Award Recipient, 1989 to present.
- Member of the Medical Society of Northern Virginia – 1989 to present.
- Member of the Medical Society of Virginia – 2003 to present.
- Member of the Women’s Medical Society of Northern Virginia – 1989 to present.
- Member of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) – 1989 to present.